Hospice is a special program dedicated to the needs of the terminally ill with a palliative approach towards care. Our facility provides in-house hospice care as well as opportunities to contract with outside hospice agencies if needed. Our hospice staff is trained in providing quality of life with a focus on the comfort of each individual.
Our services may include:
- Treating the physical needs of the resident including pain and symptom management
- Providing for the resident’s spiritual and emotional needs with the help of social workers, counselors, members of the clergy, and volunteers.
- Providing coordination of facility services through the utilization of an interdisciplinary approach involving the resident, family members, attending physicians, nurses, home health aides and facility personnel.
- Bereavement Counseling is available for families
- Development of a transition plan completed prior to discharge.
- Collaboration with home health and durable medical equipment agencies to ensure a smooth transition for patients who can return home on a lower level of care.
Medicare and Medi-Cal eligible residents may receive services from a licensed Hospice Agency for Respite; Routine and Inpatient services. Please speak with our Director of Nursing or our Social Service Designee for additional information.